- A composting unit has been constructed for disposal of biodegradable domestic waste generated from NHPC Colony, Chamera-II Power Station, Karian. The by-product from this composting unit is reused for plants as manure at Colony.
- Nests for birds are placed at Herbal Park at NHPC Colony, Karian, Chamba (HP).
- Plantation drive takes place from time to time. Total 800 saplings of fruit bearing plants were planted in NHPC Colony during the year 2020-21.
- The effluent from Sewage Treatment Plant is being used for irrigation of plants situated at Herbal Park and also sludge produced from STP is also being used as manure.
- The debris / boulders / sludge found deposited in Kariannallah due to rain water flowing from uphill side towards Ravi river from NHPC Colony, is removed under waste land development Plan.
- All the office works are being done through e-office, thus reducing paper consumption.
- All electric bulbs are being replaced by LED Lights for saving electricity
Sharad Laxman Ukey, Sr. Manager (Civil) and Amit Bhadula, Manager (Env.)
Chamera -II & III Power Station